Saturday 12 March 2016

Swimming Sports Recounts


Splash Mania
by Lucas Guyton
On a bright summer morning the whole of the Moana and Maunga syndicates went to Nayland Pool for swimming sports.
When we went over, Brodie and I did some jokes and my one was this : “Why did the cow cross the road?” “Because he wanted a mooslei bar.”
At the end of swimming it was the nerve busting relays. When it was my turn I nearly peed my pants. I dived in (ok I kind of didn’t), I put my heart and soul into it. Finally, the relays were over.
Now it is the hilarious adult relays.  It was parent’s vs teacher/ninja turtles. They dived into the water like a pelican.  You could see mini tidal waves across the pool.  Now it was over and the parents won.
We headed back. I had a fantastic time at swimming sports. I can’t wait until next year.


Swimming Sports
by Corey Healey
On Tuesday it was swimming sports. In my first event, freestyle, I heard Shuun cheering for me as loud as thunder. He made me win, yay! When I had my morning tea, it felt like I dived into it, I was so hungry.  Then as fast as possible it was my back-stroke. When I got in, “clap!” the race started. I saw this boy called Josh behind me going to the side of the pool, “crash!”.  Never mind that, I won again.
Then it was relays, I dived in first and I was first to get out. Shuun dived in second, room one caught up and we had a draw with room twelve.
And that was my swimming sports experience.


Super Swimming Sports
by Ayla Dewson
On Tuesday the whole of Moana and Maunga went to swimming sports with a positive attitude. Off we went to Nayland Pool.  “Alright, girls go left, boys go right”, said Pam excitedly.  Now we went off to our house colours while waving goodbye to my friends.
About 5 minutes later it was number 7’s turn, freestyle. When I hopped in the water I felt butterflies in my stomach. Then I heard, “On your marks, go!” yelled Mr Deacon.  Well we zoomed into action. Out of the pool and to the black stand and I was 2nd.
When I was walking back I saw people diving into their lunchboxes like seagulls. Then suddenly my tummy was rumbling and was becoming a seagull until my next race.
Onto race number 13.  As I was walking there I said in my head, “Oh no, what if I mess up?”, but the race began.  I grabbed the flutter board and won 1st place for Spooner. I walked up to Pam’s block stand.
A few minutes later race number 35 was announced. Yay, my last number I thought as I walked to my final race.  I could hear parents cheering from the sidelines. As I slipped into the water I heard the final “Clap”.  Off we went. “Go Spooner”, I was hearing while I was doing backstroke.  My last race place was 3rd.
Finally, my mum came and hugged me. While I walked back to mum’s car I still felt my morning tea scattering through my mouth. I thought swimming sports was a breath taking opportunity.



Swimming Sports
by Jordyn
On Tuesday the whole of the Moana and Maunga Syndicates went to Nayland Pool for swimming sports. Pam Said “It’s time for swimming sports”. I rushed to get my bag. The class lined up. We started to walk. I was so nervous because the whole school was going to watch me. We got to Nayland Pool, I went to the girls changing rooms. I went to my house colour. My house colour was Heaphy. Mr Canning said “Can the relay people come to the end of the pool please”. My numbers were 7, 13, 3, 5 and 1. I had to wait awhile for my last race but I can wait. I came first for my first race, that was cool. My second race I came last place. I was so so cold like an ice block.
On my last race I came fourth place. Pam sorted the blocks if you got one. I went to the girls changing rooms and when I came out it was the teacher’s race. The teachers race was so cool. The teachers wore blue clothes. That was funny but after that I had to go back to School.
But good I came first place. When I came home I told my mum and dad all about it.

Splosh, Splash, Splish 
by Fiona
“Wake up! Wake up! Its swimming sports today”. Oh no, not swimming sports. Today Moana and Maunga are going to Nayland Pool for the swimming sports. Sorry, I forgot to tell you it is Tuesday.
Okay, it is my first race and I am very nervous about the pool being deep. I take a deep breath and get in the pool, brrrr its cold. My foot touched the bottom of the pool. It’s not very deep after all!! I was relieved.
“I hope I get a block” I say in my mind. I hear a loud bang, the start of the race. It is freestyle, my favourite. My heart thumped as my arms went around and around. I went as fast as I could, but I didn’t get a block. I didn’t get a block in any of my events. I was disappointed.
“The teachers race is about to start” said Mr Canning on the loud speaker. I looked at the teachers. I laughed. Ha ha the teachers looked like ninja turtles. I looked to see if Pam was doing it but she wasn’t. Then I realised that some of the parents were doing it too!
It was a great day at swimming sports and if you have not done it before, you will love swimming sports too.

Swimming Sports
by Tane
On Tuesday it was swimming sports. Oh no! Swimming sports is a terrible nerve-wracking day because Moana and Maunga are watching you. When I was waiting for my group my lip dropped as slowly as a turtle walking because I was so scared. After one minute I hopped into the pool like an anchor dropping down as fast as a cheetah.
Then it happened, Mr Deacon clapped as loud as a lion roaring fiercely. As I was doing overarm, I heard the children and adults. As I hopped out of the pool an adult said I came second, so I got a purple block from Pam. I was proud of myself. Then I sat down waiting for my next swim. I can’t wait for the terrible swimming sports next year.

Splish, Splash and Relax 
by Laela
“Morning time. Let’s go to swimming sports” So everyone got ready for swimming sports. Once we got there we got dressed. Once I got back out of the changing room I got a bit worried because the teacher said meet at the bottom of the steps, but she wasn’t there! Oh no, I had a good look around. In my head I said “maybe Pam will be where all of the kids are”. Pam was there, phew. I thought I lost her. After about 20 minutes it was my first race. We did freestyle. I came second, Jordyn came first. When I first got in I felt like a frozen ice cube. That’s how cold the water was, brrrr.
My other two races I didn’t like because I didn’t get a block.

Big Splash 
by Zahrus
On Tuesday, we went to swimming sports. On the way there I was partners with Tana. I was nervous when we got there. I had butterflies in my tummy, but I came first on the flutter-board back stroke. After that I was so excited for morning tea then one minute later I had to go and swim again.

My house colour was Heaphy. I was sitting next to Rory while I was waiting. I liked swimming sports. I can’t wait until next year for swimming sports.

The Amazing Swimming Sports
by Connor M
On Tuesday the Moana and Maunga syndicates went to Nayland Swimming Pool for the swimming sports.

When we got there, some people were waiting.  Others were diving into their lunchboxes like crazy seagulls searching for food.  Then it began.  Mr Canning was speaking on the loud speakers.  It was my race, number four. It was nerve-racking. It was like being frozen in liquid nitrogen when I hopped in. Clap! The race started, it was freestyle. Yay! I came second with a blue block for Brunner. 

When it was the parents and teachers race it was so funny. They were wearing blue and white suits. They had their shoes on too, but they were fast at swimming across the width of the pool.

I was tired when I got home, but it was fun.


Splish Splash
by Matilda
On Tuesday we all walked to the pool. As I went to the pool, I saw Maunga and Moana syndicate.  We were doing swimming sports.

As I trembled to the changing room, the knots tied in my tummy. I popped my slimy togs on and trotted to a spot to sit. I also heard people shouting.

As they called my number, I struggled to the line. When it was my turn, I jumped in.  It was as freezing as an iceberg.  The race began.  My arms went round and round like windmills.  I got second, “Wo hooo!”  The next time I got third. Oh, no, backstroke.  I always get squished and so I did. After that mum cuddled me (she was warm).

I got no places, maybe next time. At least it’s finished. I hated it.

Swimming Sports
by Ruby
The bright sun blazed down at me.  The shimmering water was so sparkly that I wanted to jump straight in. Splish splash! All the kids jumped into the smooth blue water. It was a Tuesday. Moana and Maunga are swimming really hard.

I felt really nervous but once I got used to it I felt better.  My house colour was green for Brunner. My mum was taking glorious photos.  I heard the excitement of children.  All the kids were yelling and screaming like thunder and lightning.

When everyone was gone, it was as quiet as a swimming mouse.  I was worn out and glad the day was over.

The Amazing Swimming Sports
by Shuun
On the night before the swimming sports, I was really nervous.  I had butterflies in my stomach.  Then Tuesday came. Swimming sports, “How exciting.” Off the Moana and Maunga lined up and went to Nayland Pool for the amazing swimming sports.

The first event was the competitive freestyle, then the race began. “Oh no. I’m the second to last,” I thought to myself.  My second event was the width freestyle. Yeah, I got a cube. I came fourth this time.  I had to wait so long for my next race. It finally came, my worst type of swimming, backstroke.  Oh, no the race was going to start. Then I jumped into the freezing pool. Mr Deacon clapped with the wood.  It started.  I was fast but I came fourth again. Then some people from our classroom were in the relay. I was in it too. I was the second one to dive for the relay.  In the end we drew with room 12, but we came second.

Even though I was nervous, in the end I loved it.





3 comments:

  1. These stories are wonderful! (Tracy, Ruby's Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day. Love the different descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your story Fiona and all your classmates too Nana and Grandad

    ReplyDelete