Tuesday 20 September 2016

The Variety Concert

The Spectacular Variety Concert by Lucas
Tremendous lights, jumbo audience, flashing phones.  It was my turn to perform the Pasa Doble from Spain.

Marching up to my space went my feet. The music began. Crisp stomps banged on the bright brown timber. The back line banged on the dented black timber. I dropped down to my knees and said, “O lé.”

Finally it was the last bit.  We walked to the front and yelled out, “O lé!” The curtains closed, my bit was over.

Variety Show by Jackson

Last night at the Variety Show concert, walking through the door onto the stage my heart dropped like a rock.  I was so embarrassed on the stage.  As I ran onto the stage I got even more self conscious.  When someone said, “The competitors wore a full suit of armour.”  I got ready to run.  I bolted across the stage like a cheetah.  After that we went up the stairs to Room 14 while we were waiting for our parents.

Getting Stage Fright at Nayland College by Fiona

We walk up the stairs of one side of the stage, the current of children dragging me closer and closer to the wooden stage where the curtains are closed and all the parents and guardians of the Moana syndicate students are sitting, zealous to see what’s next.  I walk up to where I normally sit next to Hayley P.  The curtains open, the music starts. We’re on! There are cameras from every direction blinking in my face, so it is hard to see what I am doing.

Nervous Monday by Shuun
My body was shaking, I had goose bumps all over my body.  My heart was pumping up and down like a person jumping up and down like a person jumping on a trampoline.  It’s our cue to go on stage to do our Pasa Doble. As soon as I got on stage, “flash” came bright lights high from the roof of the echoing hall.  Music started, we had to do our dance.  I thought it was worth practising every day in the hall.  We finally finished, the audience was cheering and clapping.  It was awesome getting clapped by over two hundred people, literally two hundred people.

The Performance by Joanna
My footsteps echoed as I walked towards my position holding my shining instrument.  The people that were pretending to be statues around Zeus walked forward, and then froze like they were stone.  The words started and we acted as though we were actually in Greece.

We felt all nervous and jittery as we waited for the introducers to announce the ancient Greece item. The floor, which was black and made of wood, felt chilly through our costumes.  As we performed, the cameras winked at the stage.  But afterwards I felt great and glad that I had performed.

Embarrassing Show by Zahrlis
One cold night I went to Nayland College for a Variety Concert.  Going on stage was a nightmare. I was shaking in my part, but I got over it. People were cheering for us and laughing.  Doing my parts were embarrassing but I kept trying,  I was OK when Cory ran past with a censored sign, that was the best part of the show.  Then we went off stage.

The Variety Show by Ruth
The bright lights were shining at me and my class as the tourists acted out their part in the show.  Just as they said the part about the Pasa Doble in Spain, my heart started to beat faster than a galloping horse.  This was our cue.  I followed my partner to our place on the stage.  As we did the dance, my mind rushed through the steps. When we went back to sit down, I thought about what it would be like on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment